Saturday, January 28, 2012

Spew

Had a very tilty day yesterday. I was playing on a secondary site and playing below my normal stakes, and ended up with a bad mixture of trying to too hard to run over the table coupled with always turning up with second best value hands, and ended up down around 8bi. This was my first truly BAD day of the month - I had a couple days mid-month where I misplayed a few hands here and there, but on the whole I've been on top of my game this month. This is a frustrating set back, but it's really not surprising. I wasn't treating the games with respect, and wasn't approaching it like I approach my normal grind. I was moreso looking to play for "fun" - but really it's just not fun to play like a monkey and lose buyin after buyin now is it? I'm going to play these stakes again today and focus on having a positive grind and play my best just to get back on track and not allow myself to feel OK about this poor approach, even if it was just one day.

Oh well, things were going so smoothly this month I needed a little dose of reality anyways to remind me that sometimes things can badly and you have to always be on top of your game.

No comments:

Post a Comment